Subject area for
Authored Research Books
Book Chapters Other
Conference Papers Refereed
Conference Papers Unrefereed
- Ascending the cross: Soviet dissidents and the universalisation of human rights
- Australian Parliaments and the protection of human rights
- Cosmopolitanism and the Future of International Law
- Defining & attempting reconciliation: a critical analysis of the pursuit of reconciliation in South Africa's truth & reconciliation commission
- Fragility and security: human rights, state wrongs and democratic solidarity
- Freedom of Expression in Democratic States: A New Theoretical Direction
- How young children mediate and influence their peers’ identities as citizens.
- IMPROVING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF AUSTRALIA'S ANTI-DISCRIMINATION LAWS - Populated from Themis conversion
- Non-Discrimination Laws and Religious Freedom: Current Conflicts and Future Directions
- SLAPPs - can Australia stop the threat?
- Substance Use in Prisons and Other Closed Settings: Identifying Appropriate and Effective Legislative Frameworks for a Harm Reduction Approach
- The Law of Refugee Status: A Theoretical and Comparative Analysis
- The politics of rights: Australia in comparative perspective
- Trends in the Governance of Security: Democratic Republic of Congo
Journal Articles Refereed
- "Gender Comment": Why Does the UN Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights Need a General Comment on Women?
- 'This is the World: Have faith'
- A right to be no longer dismissed or ignored: Children's voices in pedagogy & policy making
- Australia: Freedom of speech and insult in the High Court of Australia
- Australian racial hatred law: Some comments on reasonableness and adjudicative method in complaints brought by Indigenous people
- Combating the trafficking of persons on peace operations*
- Commissioning the Truth
- Early Childhood Practitioners' Views on Planning for Young Children's Futures
- Evaluating the human rights performance of legislatures
- Finding rights in the 'wrongs' of our law: Bringing international law home
- Fundamental Doctrines for the Protection of Civil Liberties in the United Kingdom: A V Dicey and the Human Rights Act 1998 (UK).
- Homelessness and Human Rights: Engaging Human Rights Discourse in the Australian Context.
- Human rights commissions and religious conflict in the asia-pacific region
- Improving human rights analysis in the legislative and policy processes
- Increasingly Seen and Heard: The Constitutional Recognition of Children’s Rights
- Language tests and human rights
- Law as a cultural symbol: The Gilford murder case and the presentation of Saudi justice
- Legal redress under the Victorian Charter of Human Rights and Responsilbilities
- Legislative Scrutiny Committees and Parliamentary Conceptions of Human Rights
- Montreal principles on women's economic, social and cultural rights
- Moving Gaily Forward? Lesbian, Gay and Transgender Human Rights in Europe
- Parents and children's rights under the convention on the rights of the child: Finding reconciliation in a misunderstood relationship
- Partners worth courting: The relationship between the media and the Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Private use of prisoners' labor: Paradoxes of international human rights law
- Questioning Holism: A response to Archard
- Recognising same-sex parents: Bringing legitimacy to the law
- Rights resources
- Sexuality and Human Rights in Europe: An Update
- Should Australian Bills of Rights Protect Property Rights?
- Strengthening the role of the special Rapporteur on freedom of religion or belief
- The “delicate plant” of free speech needs water: Coleman v Australia
- The 'Islamic Scarf' in the European Court of Human Rights
- The Commonwealth Secretariat and the implementation of human rights
- The efficacy of involuntary treatment in the community: Consumer and service provider perspectives
- The power of storytelling: A quest for a public discourse on sexual harassment
- Torture team: Human rights, lawyers, interrogations and the 'War on Terror' - A response to Philippe Sands
- Trusts for Religious Purposes and the Question of Public Benefit
- Unquestionable Freedom in a Psychotic West
- What's driving involuntary treatment in the community? The social, policy, legal and ethical context
- What's wrong with the charter of rights?
Journal Articles Unrefereed
- Australian detainees at Guantanamo Bay: Legal twighlight zone or black hole?
- Australian parliaments and the protection of human rights
- Has the Racial Discrimination Act contributed to eliminating racial discrimination? Analysing the litigation track record 2000–04
- Housing, homelessness and human rights
- Human Rights After Faith
- In Search of `Effective Remedies`: applying the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights to Australia
- Introduction: Rethinking homelessness
- Law reform, or DIY suicide.
- Legal Aspects of Australia's Involvement in the International Force in East Timor.
- Putting the "liberal" back in the Liberal Party
- The Creation and Control of Places of Protection During United Nation Peace Operations.
- The sanctity of life
- Time for a treaty? The legal sufficiency of the declaration on the elimination of all forms of intolerance and discrimination
Journal Articles Unrefereed Letters Or Notes
- Book Review: Media Freedom under the Human Rights Act, by H Fenwick and G Phillipson
- Book Review: Tort Law and Human Rights by Jane Wright.
- Book review: Equal before man, unequal before Allah
- Establishing Safe Injection Facilities in Canada: Legal and Ethical Issues.
- Human rights commissions and religious conflict
- Religious Freedom and Non-Discrimination Laws
Major Reference Works
Major Reports And Working Papers
- Co-ordination action on human rights violations
- Laying the foundations for children's rights: An independent study of some key legal and institutional aspects of the impact of the convention on the rights of the child
- Submission to the human rights consultation committee on a proposed Charter of Rights for Victoria
- Trade, human rights and the economy of sacrifice
- UN Special Rapporteur on Adequate Housing: Questionnaire on Women and Adequate Housing - An Australian Submission.
- Workers' human rights in Australia
Minor Reports And Working Papers
Research Book Chapters
- Addressing homelessness: does Australia's indirect implementation of human rights comply with its international obligations?
- Biopolitics and the tragic subject of human rights
- Defending Women`s Economic and Social Rights: Some Thoughts on Indivisibility and a New Standard of Equality
- Equality rights: What's wrong?
- Excluding the undesirable: Interpreting article IF(a) of the refugee convention in Australia
- From local to global and back again: Religious freedom and women's rights
- Globalisation and The Right to Development
- In the Shadow of Developmentalism: The Human Rights Commission of Malaysia at the Intersection of state and Civil Society Priorities
- Intellectual Property and Human Rights.
- Intervention, political realism and the ideal of peace
- New uses of the Refugees Convention: Sexuality and refugee status
- Parliamentary deliberation about religious vilification legislation
- Poverty, facts and political philosophies: A debate with Andrew Kuper.
- Situating the Issues, Framing the Analysis
- The Minimum Core Content of Trade Union Rights in the South African Context.
- The development of children's rights
- The special rapporteur on freedom of religion or belief
- United Nations Human Rights Law and Same-Sex Relationships: Where to From Here?