Subject area for
Book Chapters Other
Computer Software Products
- A MULTICENTRE RANDOMISED CLINICAL TRIAL OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY FOR THE TREATMENT OF PATIENTS WITH ALZHEIMERS DISEASE
- Caring for family members with dementia in the community: Personal characteristics, resources and strategies for long term caring
- From Suspicion to Intervention : Improving responsiveness to abuse of the elderly in acute and sub-acute health care.
- Investigating cardiac injury after emergency orthopaedic geriatric surgery
- OSTEON TRAJECTORY AND FEMORAL NECK STRENGTH
- PAIN AND SUFFERING IN PERSONS WITH ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE
- Pelvic floor muscle training for the management of urinary incontinence in elderly women: a randomized controlled trial.
- Prevalence, incidence and risk factors for delirium in a culturally diverseelderlly inpatient population
- Structural Basis of Femoral Neck Strength
- TROPONIN RISE AFTER EMERGENCY ORTHOPAEDIC-GERIATRIC SURGERY RANDOMISED TO STANDARD CARE VERSUS CARDIOLOGY CARE AND ITS ASSOCIATION WITH ONE YEAR MORTALITY
Journal Articles Refereed
- A memory clinic at a geriatric hospital: a report on 577 patients assessed with the CAMDEX over 9 years
- A new instrument for targeting falls prevention interventions was accurate and clinically applicable in a hospital setting
- A pilot study of falls risk and vestibular dysfunction in older fallers presenting to hospital Emergency Departments
- A randomised, clinical trial comparing the effectiveness of hospital and community-based reminder systems for increasing uptake of influenza and pneumococcal vaccine in hospitalised patients aged 65 years and over
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of oral vitamin B-12 supplementation in older patients with subnormal or borderline serum vitamin B-12 concentrations
- Age-related changes in electromyographic quadriceps activity during stair descent
- An examination of pain perception and cerebral event-related potentials following carbon dioxide laser stimulation in patients with Alzheimer's disease and age-matched control volunteers.
- An fMRI study of verbal episodic memory encoding in amnestic mild cognitive impairment
- Assessment and management of falls in older people
- Considerations in the assessment and management of older people with chronic pain
- Construction of the femoral neck during growth determines its strength in old age
- Development of a pain attitudes questionnaire to assess stoicism and cautiousness for possible age differences
- Effect of patellar taping on vasti onset timing, knee kinematics, and kinetics in asymptomatic individuals with a delayed onset of vastus medialis oblique
- Effectiveness of targeted falls prevention programme in subacute hospital setting: randomised controlled trial
- Effects of age on latency and error generation in internally mediated saccades
- Excitation-contraction coupling and sarcoplasmic reticulum function in mechanically skinned fibres from fast skeletal muscles of aged mice
- Exploring the feasibility of a community-based strength training program for older people with depressive symptoms and its impact on depressive symptoms.
- Falls and injury prevention should be part of every stroke rehabilitation plan
- Fracture risk (FRISK) score: Geelong osteoporosis study
- Half the burden of fragility fractures in the community occur in women without osteoporosis. When is fracture prevention cost-effective?
- Homocysteine and C-reactive protein are not markers of cognitive impairment in patients with major cardiovascular disease
- Identifying unmet needs older in older patients - Nurse-GP collaboration in general practice
- Knowledge and lifestyle behaviors of healthy older adults related to modifying the onset of vascular dementia
- Methodologic factors which contribute to variations in experimental pain threshold reported for older people
- Mobility on discharge from an aged care unit.
- Multicenter phase 2 trial of thalidomide in relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma: adverse prognostic impact of advanced age
- Older people's knowledge and practice about lifestyle behaviors that may prevent vascular dementia
- People aged over 75 in atrial fibrillation on warfarin: The rate of major hemorrhage and stroke in more than 500 patient-years of follow-up
- Physical activity by elderly patients undergoing inpatient rehabilitation is low: an observational study
- Psychometric properties of the Pain Attitudes Questionnaire (revised) in adult patients with chronic pain
- Quantitative electroencephalographic changes induced by odor detection and identification tasks: age related effects
- Reliability and validity of a dual-task force platform assessment of balance performance: Effect of age, balance impairment, and cognitive task
- Resistance and agility training reduce fall risk in women aged 75 to 85 with low bone mass: A 6-month randomized, controlled trial
- Results of a 10 week community based strength and balance training programme to reduce fall risk factors: a randomised controlled trial in 65-75 year old women with osteoporosis
- Retest reliability of dynamic balance during standing in older people after surgical treatment of hip fracture.
- Serum vitamin D and falls in older women in residential care in Australia
- Should older people in residential care receive vitamin D to prevent falls? Results of a randomized trial
- Stand up and be counted: measuring time spent upright after hip fracture and comparison with community dwelling older people
- Stepping responses made by elderly and young female adults to approach and accommodate known surface height changes
- Tai Chi in Australia: acceptable and effective approach to improve balance and mobility in older people?
- The effect of folic acid supplementation on plasma homocysteine in an elderly population
- The relationship between medical comorbidity and self-rated pain, mood disturbance, and function in older people with chronic pain
- The reliability and predictive accuracy of the falls risk for older people in the community assessment (FROP-Com) tool
- Validation of a falls risk assessment tool in the sub-acute hospital setting: a pilot study
- Widowhood and other demographic associations of pain in independent older people
- beta(2)-agonist administration reverses muscle wasting and improves muscle function in aged rats
Journal Articles Unrefereed
- Action research in aged care. A model for practice change and development.
- Changing practice in residential aged care using participatory methods.
- International Psychogeriatrics - your peer-reviewed journal
- Preventing falls - a combination of common sense and science
- The multidisciplinary role of allied health professionals in old age psychiatry: can this be taught to medical students?
- Treatment of AD: results of recent studies
- ‘Sitting on the mourning bench’: Mental health workers and an elderly client
Journal Articles Unrefereed Letters Or Notes
- Editorial. Four more years!
- Editorial. International Psychogeriatrics to increase publication frequency to six issues per annum in 2007
- Ethics, Law, and Aging Review. Volume 6: Focus on Consumer-Directed Care and The Older Person. Marshall B. Kapp (Ed.). New York: Springer Publishing Company, 2000, 308 pp., $US 38.95 (hardcover).
- Making old muscles young again - a therapeutic role for β2-agonists?
- Management of osteoarthritis in older people
- Novel therapies for sarcopenia: ameliorating age-related changes in skeletal muscle
- Postoperative cognitive decline: Association with preoperative tumor necrosis factor-alpha levels
- The 2005 International Psychogeriatric Association (IPA) research awards in psychogeriatrics.
Other Refereed Contribution To Refereed Journals
- Activities-speciric and Balance Conridence (ABC) Scale
- Australian Society for Geriatric Medicine Position Statement No. 7 Immunisation of Older People Revised 2004
- Emerging drugs for sarcopenia: age-related muscle wasting.
- Multidisciplinary assessment and treatment of pain in older persons
- Tackling Australia's future health problems: developing strategies to combat sarcopenia - age-related muscle wasting and weakness
- The effect of exercise on outcomes for hospitalised older acute medical inpatient compared to control or alternative treatment: An individual patient data meta-analysis
- Update on therapies for sarcopenia: novel approaches for age-related muscle wasting and weakness
Research Book Chapters