Doris Schüpbach is a Honorary Research Fellow (German Studies) in the School of Languages and Linguistics and a Senior Researcher at the Research Unit for Multilingualism and Cross-Cultural Communication (RUMACCC).
Her main research interests are:
• societal and individual multilingualism and their interaction
• language and identity, migration and citizenship
• language assessment in the context of migration and citizenship
• linguistic landscapes and methods of their investigation
• qualitative research methods in sociolinguistics, in particular discourse analysis and narrative approaches.