Kenong Xia is a Professor in the Dept of Mechanical Engineering at The University of Melbourne.
Professor Xia completed a Bachelor of Engineering in 1982 and a Master of Engineering in 1984 at the Northeastern University in Shenyang, China. After gaining a PhD in 1988 from the University of Southern California in the US, he joined Comalco Research Centre in Melbourne as a research scientist. In 1993, he commenced his career as an academic at The University of Melbourne.
- Design, processing, characterisation and modelling of complex nanostructured materials.
- Consolidation of non-equilibrium processed particles.
- Ultrafine grained and nanocrystalline materials via severe plastic deformation.
- Development of high temperature structural intermetallic alloys.
- High temperature deformation and strengthening of advanced materials.
- Semi-solid processing of light alloys and composites.
- Solidification processing of metal matrix composites.